Sunday, May 18, 2025

Francis

FRANCIS (O.S.)   Lake Rhodes!   

  CRUSHES Lake in a hug. LAKE Hi, Francis.              LAKE Hopin’ to sell this.

BELLOWS.

They’ve already got you diving again? Huh. Francis takes the dove and inspects it,

hands 10+5 to Lake takes out a bulky WEED-CART. 23

Look at my new gadget, Lake. A fella from Upstate pawned it.

THC. God, it fucks you good. You want to smoke, catch up?

                         LAKE Actually, I was curious if you could take a look at something else.

FRANCIS disappointed.

 Okay. Sure.       Lake takes out the Tartar U.S.A. tape, and hands it to Francis.

                                                                                      LAKE D’you know what it is?                     

Looks like a tape.                                          LAKE Right, but—

I think I know someone who can help with this, but...

could you smoke with me first? It’s been so long, Lake.

Lake awkwardly laughs. The room goes silent.

I’m joking. You know me.       Francis reaches into a drawer behind him, and pulls out a small business card. He hands it to Lake. It reads: Nightbird Video. 24]

Ask for Dave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home