Twins auditions
Message with Lawrence Rinkel
Scenes from the Lives of Twins
Lawrence Rinkel to Carlo Fiorletta - 9:06 PM 5/4/2023
Hello.
I'm pleased to say that out of about 200 applicants for "Scenes from
the Lives of Twins," you are among the 80 or so who have survived the
first cut and have been selected for audition. Please read the following
very carefully.
The attached document provides a detailed synopsis of the play and sides for all characters. Pay particular attention to page 3 which contains an index to the sides so you know what to prepare. If you are reading for Nathan, I will require side 3 and one other of your choice. For Adrian, I will require side 5 and one other. Valerie should prepare sides 1 and 2.
As a reminder on Adrian and Nathan, the ideal casting would be two identical twins who are both exceptional actors. If I don't get that, I will look for two exceptional actors with some physical resemblance. If I cannot get two exceptional actors with similar looks, I will cast the best actors I find. This is just a reading and not a finished staged performance, so every one applying has a fair chance.
Ground rules:
- Please provide your availability for a Zoom audition any day between Saturday, May 6 and Thursday, May 11.
- I will assign you a 10-minute slot over Zoom, Eastern Time. Please be on time. If you miss your audition, you will not be rescheduled. I will read cues for you; you do not need to provide a reader.
- If I do not hear from you, I will assume you have withdrawn. That is fine; no explanation is needed. This project is either not for you, or you have other work scheduled.
- Unless you object, I will record the audition for review. No one will view your materials except me, and I will delete the video after the audition process is completed.
- Having a green screen is a plus. In this way, I can provide virtual backgrounds for each of the scenes during filming.
- Starting Friday, May 12, I will make my first offers. You have 24 hours from the offer to accept or not.
- The full script is available on request if I have made you an offer.
- I would like to be cast by Monday, May 15. We will then start rehearsing and filming over Zoom all that week, with the expectation of completing all filming by May 20.
- After the cast is in place, I will contact you via email rather than Backstage.
- After the project is complete, I will pay you using Venmo, Paypal, Zelle, or a check.
- If you are not cast but I particularly like your work, I will keep your name in my database for future projects (live if you're in the NYC area or virtual).
Best of luck, and I look forward to meeting all of you!
- Larry
The attached document provides a detailed synopsis of the play and sides for all characters. Pay particular attention to page 3 which contains an index to the sides so you know what to prepare. If you are reading for Nathan, I will require side 3 and one other of your choice. For Adrian, I will require side 5 and one other. Valerie should prepare sides 1 and 2.
As a reminder on Adrian and Nathan, the ideal casting would be two identical twins who are both exceptional actors. If I don't get that, I will look for two exceptional actors with some physical resemblance. If I cannot get two exceptional actors with similar looks, I will cast the best actors I find. This is just a reading and not a finished staged performance, so every one applying has a fair chance.
Ground rules:
- Please provide your availability for a Zoom audition any day between Saturday, May 6 and Thursday, May 11.
- I will assign you a 10-minute slot over Zoom, Eastern Time. Please be on time. If you miss your audition, you will not be rescheduled. I will read cues for you; you do not need to provide a reader.
- If I do not hear from you, I will assume you have withdrawn. That is fine; no explanation is needed. This project is either not for you, or you have other work scheduled.
- Unless you object, I will record the audition for review. No one will view your materials except me, and I will delete the video after the audition process is completed.
- Having a green screen is a plus. In this way, I can provide virtual backgrounds for each of the scenes during filming.
- Starting Friday, May 12, I will make my first offers. You have 24 hours from the offer to accept or not.
- The full script is available on request if I have made you an offer.
- I would like to be cast by Monday, May 15. We will then start rehearsing and filming over Zoom all that week, with the expectation of completing all filming by May 20.
- After the cast is in place, I will contact you via email rather than Backstage.
- After the project is complete, I will pay you using Venmo, Paypal, Zelle, or a check.
- If you are not cast but I particularly like your work, I will keep your name in my database for future projects (live if you're in the NYC area or virtual).
Best of luck, and I look forward to meeting all of you!
- Larry
posted by Carlo Fiorletta at 8:21 PM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home