Punk Dreams Audition Monologues
Sam Monologue:
Vernon from The Breakfast Club
VERNON
That’s the last time, Bender.
That’s the last time you ever make me look bad in front of those kids,
do you hear me? I make $31,000 dollars a year and
I have a home and I’m not about to throw it away on some punk like you...
But someday, man, someday.
When you’re outta here and you’ve forgotten all about this place...
And they’ve forgotten all about you
and you’re wrapped up in your own pathetic life...
I’m gonna be there. That’s right.
And I’m gonna kick the living shit out of you, man,
I’m gonna knock your dick in the dirt!
What’re you gonna do about it?
You think anybody’s gonna believe you?
You think anybody’s gonna take your word over mine?
I’m a man of respect around here.
They love me around here, I’m a swell guy...
You’re a lying sack of shit! And everybody knows it.
Oh, you’re a real tough guy... come on, come on...
get on your feet, pal! Let’s find out how tough you are!
I wanna know right know, how tough you are!
Come on! I’ll give you the first punch, let’s go!
Come on, right here, just take the first shot!
Please, I’m begging you, take a shot!
Come on, just take one shot, that’s all I need,
Just one swing...That I thought... you’re a gutless turd!
Travis Monologue:
Bender from The breakfast club
BENDER
What do you care what I think,
anyway? I don't even count, right? I could disappear forever and it wouldn't make any difference...I may as well not even exist at this school, remember?
(he turns to Claire)
And you...don't like me anyway!
CLAIRE
You know, I have just as many
feelings as you do and it hurts just as much when somebody steps all over them!
BENDER
God, you're so pathetic!
(furious)
Don't you ever...ever! Compare
yourself to me! Okay? You got
everything, and I got shit!
Fuckin' Rapunzel, right? School
would probably fucking shut down if
you didn't show up! "Queenie isn't
here!" I like those earrings
Claire.
CLAIRE (quietly)
Shut up...
BENDER
Are those real diamonds, Claire? I
bet they are...did you work, for the money for those earrings? Or did your daddy buy those?
Claire starts crying.
BENDER
I bet he bought those for you! I
bet those are a Christmas gift! Right? You know what I got for Christmas this year? It was a banner fuckin' year at the old Bender family! I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said "Hey!
(MORE)
BENDER (CONT'D) Smoke up Johnny!" Okay, so go
home'n cry to your daddy, don't cry here, okay?
Nat Monologue: Olive from Easy A
OLIVE
Excuse me? No offense, Brando but
maybe you could learn something from me. I'm just suggesting that maybe these kids we call peers have got the right idea. Maybe Bridget Schumacher isn't as hippy-dippy as she pretends to be. Maybe that's just the label she's put on herself to avoid having to shave everywhere society deems normal. Or take Marianne Bryant. Maybe the whole stuck-up Jesus-freak thing is an act. Maybe she was sick of being just another faceless entity in a place and a time that reveres people for extremity?
Z Monologue:
Preston from Can’t Hardly Wait
PRESTON
So, it turns out Amanda and I
weren't meant to be. Which, you know, sucks -- but at least... well at least I finally know. And now it's over. And who knows? Maybe nothing happens for a reason. Maybe that’s all bullshit. So now I can just go off and - meet somebody else. Somebody who really is right for me. And next time I won’t wait four years just to talk to her... On the other hand, maybe this was all some sort of hero’s trial, you know? Something to make me... come out a better person. ‘Cause in a way, I think I may have really learned something about myself.
(MORE)
2.
PRESTON (CONT'D) Look, I’m trying to make the best of it okay? Would’ve been cool to
make out with her, though.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home